Another soup just for YOU!Yep, it's all for you. You're so special!
This loaded potato soup is like a baked potato, but in soup form. Creamy, cheesey, bacony, what could be better??
Make it on a cold night, it will warm your soul up :)
Source : Adapted from greenliving
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic ~ minced
1 small onion ~ chopped (I used half a large one, why are the onions I buy so BIG?!)
2 Leeks ~ cleaned well* and finely chopped
3 1/2 cup potatoes ~ peeled and diced (I used white potatoes, not russets)
3 cups vegetable stock
1 cup shredded aged white cheddar cheese, plus a little extra for topping
1 cup milk
4 strips bacon - crispy - break up into small pieces (this is optional if you want a meatless meal!)
*Tip for cleaning leeks! A lot of dirt can get trapped in the leaves so make a cut half way through the light green to white part and spread open the leaves under running water*
1) In a large pot pour olive oil and saute garlic, onion and leeks on medium-low heat until onions are translucent.
2) Add potatoes and saute with onion leek mixture for several minutes.
3) Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, covered for 20 minutes or so until potatoes are soft.
4) Puree with hand blender or a regular blender (like me!) I only blended 1/2 to 3/4 of the mixture because I like some chunks of potato and leeks in the mix. It turned out great, creamy texture but still a good amount of chunks. If you don't want any chunks, blend it all baby!!
5) Add back to pot and add the milk and cheese, stir over medium-low heat until cheese melts. Season with pepper, parsley and salt (careful though, cheese is salty!), taste it and adjust with more seasonings if needed.
6) Pour into bowls and top with bacon crumbles and remaining cheese.